Estepona comes alive with its "Estepona lives its streets" event: a weekend full of culture, gastronomy and entertainment for everyone.
The charming city of Estepona comes alive and prepares for an unforgettable weekend with the new edition of "Estepona lives its streets", an event that brings together locals and tourists in a festive and lively atmosphere. From 24th to 26th March, the town becomes a hive of cultural, gastronomic and leisure activities offering unique experiences for all tastes and ages.
One of the main attractions of the event is the XII Ruta de la Tapa, an unmissable opportunity to sample local delicacies in more than twenty participating establishments. With affordable prices, visitors can enjoy a tapa accompanied by beer, soft drink, water or wine. In addition, those who complete their "passport" for the route will be able to vote for their favourite tapa and take part in a prize draw with attractive prizes.
Local gastronomy is also celebrated with the VI Cheese Fair "Popi, Sabor a Málaga" and the XIII Certamen de Cortadores de Jamón "Trofeo Popi, Ciudad de Estepona". These events allow visitors to savour the best products of the region, while enjoying the hospitality and good atmosphere that characterise Estepona.
In terms of music, attendees will be able to enjoy live concerts by well-known groups such as "Mojinos Escocíos" and "Siempre Así". There will also be a varied musical programme including a sacred concert by the Magnum Mysterium Choir, a tribute to the musical "Jesus Christ Super Star" in the Parque Orquidario and flamenco shows by local artists.
The "Estepona lives its streets" event also offers activities for the little ones, such as a children's party in the Plaza Augusto Suárez de Figueroa with the "Humor Amarillo" circuit. Here, children can enjoy a mechanical bull, a maze, a climbing wall, a rubber band race and gladiator wrestling, among other attractions.
Among the highlights will be the International Video Mapping Competition of the IX Certamen "Estepona CREA", which will award 6,000 euros to the artists who project their work onto the emblematic Clock Tower. This competition will attract creators from all over the world, offering attendees a unique visual experience.
In addition to all these activities, the event will feature dramatised guided tours, chess tournaments, concerts by municipal bands and much more. In short, "Estepona lives its streets" is a unique opportunity to enjoy the essence of the city, immerse yourself in its rich culture and share unforgettable moments with family and friends.
Don't miss the opportunity to be part of this great celebration in the beautiful city of Estepona and get ready for a weekend full of fun, culture and good food at this event that brings together the best of the city and its people!
"Estepona lives its streets" is definitely an event not to be missed. Book the dates 24-26 March and enjoy the hospitality, vibrant atmosphere and traditions of Estepona. The town awaits you with open arms to offer you an unforgettable weekend where you can get to know its culture, gastronomy and the talent of its inhabitants. Come and experience Estepona like never before!
Summary of activities by day of the event "Estepona Vive sus Calles".
Estepona comes alive on Friday 24th March:
- IX Inter-school Children's Inter-school Chess Tournament by Teams and IX Inter-school ESO by Teams (10:00 to 13:30): Plaza del Ajedrez will be the venue for this tournament, where the city's young talents will be able to demonstrate their chess skills.
- Inauguration of the XII Ruta de la Tapa (19:00): The Ruta de la Tapa will kick off, inviting attendees to visit the participating establishments and taste the best tapas in town.
- Inauguration of the VIII Cheese Fair "Popi, Sabor a Málaga" (19:00 hours): Calle Terraza will be the setting for the inauguration of this fair celebrating the region's delicious cheese.
- Sacred Concert by the Magnum Mysterium Choir (20:00): The Church of Nuestra Señora del Carmen will host this moving sacred concert, conducted by Miguel Ángel Garrido Sánchez.
- Staging of the play "Messiah", triduum to the musical "Jesus Christ Superstar" (20:00): The Botanical Orchid Park will be the venue for this adaptation of the classic musical.
- Concert by the group "Mojinos Escocíos" (22:00): Manuel Navarro Mollor Street will be the stage for the concert of this iconic rock and humour group.
Estepona comes alive on Saturday 25th March:
- VIII Cheese Fair "Popi, Sabor a Málaga" (10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.): The Cheese Fair continues on Calle Terraza, enjoying a wide variety of local and regional cheeses.
- Crazy Adventure" Children's Party (12:00 to 20:00): In the Plaza Augusto Suárez de Figueroa, children will be able to enjoy a "Yellow Humour" circuit with a mechanical bull, maze, climbing wall, rubber band race and gladiator fight.
- Continuation of the XII Ruta de la Tapa: Second day to enjoy the exquisite tapas of the participating establishments.
- Flamenco show by José Rodríguez (17:30): In the Plaza Antonia Guerrero, José Rodríguez will present his first album "Soy Música", accompanied by percussionist Adrián Quiñones.
- International Video Mapping Competition of the IX Contest "Estepona CREA 2023" (19:30): In the Plaza del Reloj, artists from ten countries will project their works on the Clock Tower, competing for a prize of 6,000 euros.
- Performance by the flamenco group "Sonde Cái" (20:00): In Montemayor Street in Cancelada, enjoy the flamenco music of the group "Sonde Cái".
- Sing & Swing, a retro, glamorous and vibrant show (8.30pm): In the Parque Botánico-Orquidario, the group "Vintage Experience" will transport you back to the fabulous 50s with this show full of energy and style.
- Performance by the group "Siempre Así" (22:00): In the Plaza del Ajedrez, enjoy the concert by this iconic flamenco and pop group. In case of rain, the concert will be moved to the Felipe VI Auditorium.
Estepona comes alive on Sunday 26th March:
- VIII Cheese Fair "Popi, Sabor a Málaga" (10:00 to 21:00): The last day of the cheese fair on Calle Terraza, where you can enjoy the wide variety of local cheeses.
- Dramatised guided tour "Stories and Legends of Xeb-Alhamar" (11:30 to 13:00): Departure from the Plaza de las Flores, this dramatised guided tour in memory of Manuel Sánchez Bracho will allow you to learn about the stories and legends of Estepona.
- XIII Concurso Nacional de Cortadores de Jamón "Trofeo Popi, Ciudad de Estepona" (12:00 to 16:00): In Calle Real, you will be able to witness expert ham cutters competing for the prestigious trophy.
- Continuation of the XII Ruta de la Tapa: Last day to enjoy the delicious tapas in the participating establishments of the route.
- Performance by the flamenco group with Sandra Moreno and Pedro Heredia "El Pequi" on vocals (18:00): Outside the Felipe VI Auditorium, you can enjoy the performance of these talented artists, accompanied by Pepe Ortega on guitar and Gemma "La Milana" on dance.
- XI Concert "Pórtico de Semana Santa" by the Municipal Band of Estepona (20:00 hours): In the Felipe VI Auditorium, the music band under the direction of Maestro José Antonio López Camacho will present this moving concert in homage to Holy Week.
The event "Estepona lives its streets"promises to be a weekend full of cultural, gastronomic and entertainment activities for all ages. Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy all that Estepona has to offer during these days full of fun and tradition. Remember, Estepona is full of life for everyone in March!